FAQs - Online NI Payments
If what you seek is not here please contact us with your request. We will get back to you.
Registration to pay NI contributions utilizing the respective bank’s Internet
Banking Platform is easy. The employer will:
- Access the online link on the NIBTT’s website.
- Complete the Online NI Payment Registration Form electronically by filling in all relevant fields.
- Read the Agreement carefully.
- Download the Agreement, print, sign and scan OR Upload an electronic signature to the Agreement.
- Submit the completed and signed Online NI Payment Registration Form and Agreement to the NIBTT via the email address email@example.com.
- Receive an acknowledgement from the NIBTT of the submitted Online Registration Form and Agreement via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. How do online payments work?
- The employer is required to have the relevant bank account with the commercial bank through which NI contribution payments will be made.
- NIBTT is selected from or added to the list of payees on the bank’s Internet Banking Platform.
- The employer will make the online payment of his NI contributions which will result in the debiting of his bank account by the amount of the payment made and the crediting of the NIBTT’s accounts.
- In making his online payments the employer will use his NI Employer Registration Number as the Payee Account Number.
- The employer will receive for each online transaction undertaken a bank transaction/reference number as proof of the payment having been made. He will be required to retain this transaction/reference number for future use in submitting the relevant information/data to the NIBTT.
b. Can the employer pay NIS contributions at his bank counter?
- This new payment option is strictly online and does not allow for the payment of NI contributions at the bank counter.
The employer will:
a. Submit his contribution data either using:
- The Magnetic Media format (CDs) – already in use by some employers
- By accessing the Data Submission Excel template on the NIBTT’s website, downloading and completing this template and saving it to his computer. This template can be completed by the employer at any time convenient to him and should be named according to payment month and year. It indicates NI contributions due on behalf of each employee as well as all other required information for the paid period.
- Click the link ‘Submit payments and data HERE’ on the NIBTT’s website to access the Web Form ‘Summary of Online National Insurance Contribution Payments.
- Complete the Web Form ‘Summary of Online National Insurance Contribution Payments’ electronically by including all relevant information in the fields provided including the bank transaction number (reference number).
- Browse his personal computer and upload the Magnetic Media file or the Excel Data Submission template file relevant to the period paid for as part of the process of completing the Web Form ‘Summary of Online National Insurance Contribution Payments’.
- Click the ‘Submit Payment Information/Contribution Data’ button on the Web Form to submit his payment information and employee/s’ contribution data to the NIBTT >
- Simply update the Magnetic Media file or Excel Data Submission template file for each successive period for which contributions are paid.
- Keep a record of all payment information and contribution data relevant to each paid period.
The NIBTT will:
Send to the employer a PDF version of the submitted Web Form ‘Summary of Online National Insurance Contribution Payments’ via the email address email@example.com as confirmation of the receipt of his payment information and contribution data
Upon receipt and reconciliation of the employer’s payment information and employee contribution data, the NIBTT will issue a Transaction Slip to the employer as confirmation of the contribution payment made via his bank’s Internet Banking Platform. This Transaction Slip will be mailed to the employer via regular post.
- The bank transaction/reference number issued by the bank for each successful transaction.
- The PDF version of the Summary of Online National Insurance Contribution Payments Form e-mailed to him by the NIBTT.
- The Excel Data Submission template file submitted to the NIBTT for each paid period.
- The Transaction Slip posted to him by the NIBTT.
- A copy of all other relevant information/documents submitted to or received from the NIBTT.