- Complete the Online NI Payment Registration Form.
- Read the Agreement included carefully.
- Attach your electronic signature to the Agreement and Save; OR Download, Print, Sign and Scan.
- Email the completed and signed Online NI Payment Registration Form/Agreement to the NIBTT via the email address email@example.com
- Using your bank's Bill Pay system, add the NIBTT to, or select the NIBTT from your bank's list of bill payees.
- Use your NI Employer Registration number as the payee account number.
- Use numeric values (do not include letters) in entering your payee account number.
- Make your NI contribution payment to the NIBTT via your bank's Bill Pay system.
- Your bank will issue a transaction/reference number upon successful completion of the transaction.
- Keep a record of the transaction or reference number issued by the bank for each payment transaction.
- The Magnetic Media (comma delimited) format - already in use by some employers; OR
- The Excel Contribution Data template
Employee Contribution Data
Your employees' contribution data is
the detailed record of contributions due on behalf of each employee for a
specific period. This data may be submitted digitally using:
Your employees' contribution data is the detailed record of contributions due on behalf of each employee for a specific period. This data may be submitted digitally using:
Access the Contribution Data Template
- Access the Excel Contribution Data template via the link ‘Online NI Payment/Contribution Data Form on the NIBTT’s website
- Scroll to the bottom of the web form ‘Summary of Online National Insurance Contribution Payments’ and click on ‘Download data template’ PLEASE NOTE:
- Where all headings appear in separate columns when the data template is downloaded, proceed to complete the template
- Where all headings appear in one column when the data template is downloaded, open the template as follows: Using Microsoft Excel
- Highlight column ‘A’ of the worksheet
- Go to the ‘Data’ Tab and select ‘Text to Columns’
- Leave File Type as delimited and select the Next button.
- For the Delimiters option select only Comma. Deselect any other options which may be selected. Click the Next button.
- Leave column data format as General and click the Finish button. OR Using Open Office Calc (Spreadsheet) Application
- Open the downloaded .CSV file using the Open Office Calc program.
- A text import screen is displayed. Under ‘Separated by’ in the ‘Separator’ options. Select the ‘Comma’ option and deselect any others which may be selected. Click the OK button. Note: If any other spreadsheet application is utilised kindly ensure the file is saved with the .csv extension and the content is separated by commas.